Our broadest emerging market fixed income fund, run on a total return approach, utilising local and hard currency and corporate bonds.
Emerging Markets Fixed Income (EMFI) is a large asset class with breadth and depth, amounting to USD 19.4tn*. This asset class provides diversification benefits. As interest rates and volatility levels rise from historic low levels, not all EMs will benefit uniformly. A significant difference in performance within EM asset classes provides active managers more security selection opportunities with the aim to generate performance above benchmark.
Moreover, valuations of emerging markets look compelling on an absolute basis and relative to developed markets.
- BNP Paribas Funds Emerging Bond Opportunities: The fund seeks to increase the value of its assets over the medium term by investing in bonds and other debt instruments issued by emerging countries or companies from emerging countries, or operating in these countries, with a solid financial structure and/or potential for earnings growth.
- The fund applies an unconstrained and flexible investment approach: via dynamic asset allocation, a contrarian investment philosophy and disciplined risk management.
- Offers monthly payout for the Classic MD share class#
- Second quartile ranking in June 2019: Rated by eVestment Alliance##
- An award-winning investment team: The team of specialists is supported by a strong EM network.
* JP Morgan, Bloomberg, October 2018. ** Source: JP Morgan, 31 December 2018. Gov refers to Government. EM Local Currency Government Debt (USD hedged) refers to the JP Morgan GBI-EM Global Diversified (USD Hedged) Index; EM Local Currency Government Debt (USD unhedged) refers to the JP Morgan GBI-EM Global Diversified (USD Unhedged) Index; EM USD Government Debt refers to JP Morgan EMBI Global Diversified Index; EM USD Corporate Debt refers to the JP Morgan CEMBI Broad Diversified Index. Past performance is not indicative of current or future performance. # Reference calculation is based on Classic MD shares with the following formula: ([(1+r/p)^12-1] x 100). r = Monthly dividend; p = ex-dividend price. ## Source: eVestment Alliance (Global Emerging Markets Fixed Income – Blended Currency Universe), BNPP AM, 1st quartile ranking refers to the 2-year performance as at 31 March 2018, 2nd quartile ranking refers to the 3.25 year performance as at June 2019 ^ Source: Insurance Asia News/ Institutional Asset Management Awards 2018 reflects the performance as of 31 December 2017. Benchmark Fund of The Year Awards reflects the performance as of end August 2018 period. Investment involves risks. Please refer to the Hong Kong Offering Document for further information (including the risk factors) about the fund. This material is issued and has been prepared by BNP PARIBAS ASSET MANAGEMENT Asia Limited. This material has not been reviewed by the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission (SFC). This material is produced for information purposes only and does not constitute an offer to buy nor a solicitation to sell, nor shall it form the basis of or be relied upon in connection with any contract or commitment whatsoever or investment advice. Investors should consult their own legal and tax advisors in respect of legal, accounting, domicile and tax advice prior to investing in the financial instrument(s) in order to make an independent determination of the suitability and consequences of an investment therein, if permitted. Given the economic and market risks, there can be no assurance that the fund will achieve its investment objectives. Investors may not get back the amount they originally invested. Parvest Bond Best Selection World Emerging becomes BNP Paribas Funds Emerging Bond Opportunities from 30/08/2019