A global equity fund selecting mispriced companies within environmental markets.
1) The fund seeks to increase the value of its assets over the medium term by investing its assets in equities and/or equity equivalent securities issued by companies with at least 20% of their revenues/profits/capital employed in Environmental markets.
2) The fund has significant exposure to a single sector and is likely to be subject to a greater concentration risk and higher volatility than a more diversified investment.
3) The fund has significant equity exposure. Risks of equity market may include significant fluctuations in prices, negative information about the issuer or market. Fluctuations are often amplified in the short term.
4) The management company may at its discretion pay dividends out of the capital of the fund. Payment of dividends out of capital amounts to a return or withdrawal of part of an investor’s original investment or from any capital gains attributable to that original investment. Any distributions involving payment of dividends out of the fund’s capital may result in an immediate reduction of the net asset value per share.
5) The monthly distribution share classes will continue to distribute monthly dividends in periods when the fund has negative return, which will further reduce the net asset value of the fund.
6) Investors should not solely rely on this document to make any investment decision. Please refer to the Hong Kong offering document for further information (including the risk factors) about the fund.
Environmental protection is no longer just a priority: it has become imperative.
Environmental protection covers several areas. For example:
- mitigating climate change
- optimising energy resources
- waste management and recycling
- pollution control
- water treatment
- sustainable agriculture
World population growth and the overall increase in living standards make this challenge even more pressing and suggest that industries in the environment sector will enjoy exceptional growth over the long term.
The search for cleaner sources of energy and the development of more environmentally efficient technologies are requirements in many areas of industry, such as transport, real estate, electronics, packaging, farming and water.
In our view, the companies involved in designing new technologies that boost environmental protection should benefit from significant investment over the next twenty years.
- Parvest Global Environment: An international equity fund, investing in companies that are active in the environment sector. These companies also have to comply with the United Nations’ recommendations on social responsibility, environmental responsibility and corporate governance.
- Employs a flexible investment approach with exposure to thematic opportunities, capturing broadly diversified opportunities without sector or strategy bias.
- Endorsed with the LUXFLAG Environment Label*: attributed to funds that are at least 75% invested in environmental companies, and which generate strong performance in the management of their environment, social and governance responsibilities.
- Managed by Impax Asset Management: an award-winning global leader with a 20-year history in environmental markets investing and a partner of BNP Paribas Asset Management.**
* The Luxflag label is valid as of end December 2018.
** Source: Impax Asset Management, as of end December 2018.