Tap into the growth and diversification potential of Chinese equities.
1) The fund seeks to increase the value of its assets over the medium term by investing mainly in equities and/or equity equivalent securities of companies that have their registered offices or conduct the majority of their business activities in China, Hong Kong or Taiwan.
2) The fund has significant exposure to emerging markets and a single country (China) and is likely to be subject to a greater concentration risk and higher volatility than a more diversified investment. Emerging markets may have higher legal, regulatory and political risk.
3) The management company may at its discretion pay dividends out of the capital of the fund. Payment of dividends out of capital amounts to a return or withdrawal of part of an investor’s original investment or from any capital gains attributable to that original investment. Any distributions involving payment of dividends out of the fund’s capital may result in an immediate reduction of the net asset value per share.
4) Investors should not solely rely on this document to make any investment decision. Please refer to the Hong Kong offering document for further information (including the risk factors) about the fund.
THE OPPORTUNITY SET
Chinese equities are among the world’s largest markets, comprising both onshore and offshore companies. They represent over USD 10 trillion in market capitalisation and look set to benefit from long-term trends such as China’s transition to a service- and consumption-led economy.
BNP Paribas China Equity Fund seeks to capitalise on the growth prospects of companies in the “all-China” universe. That is, onshore (e.g. China A-shares) and offshore (e.g. Hong Kong, Taiwan, US American Depository Receipts) companies.
We focus on three key structural themes:
- Technology and innovation
- Consumption upgrading
- Industry consolidation
Within each of these themes, we identify companies based on factors like industry and company dynamics, balance sheet strength, environmental, social and governance (ESG) assessment and valuations. This enables us to build a portfolio that targets quality stocks with high growth potential, strong management and cash flow predictability.
The fund is currently rated five stars by Morningstar*.
David Choa has officially taken over management of the fund since 1 July 2020, as Head of Greater China Equities team. David has more than 17 years of financial experience – from consulting, to corporate finance and equity investing, with a focus on China and Asia Pacific. He is supported by a team of portfolio managers and analysts from our offices in Hong Kong and Shanghai.
The team also has access to a senior economist dedicated to China, our Quantitative Research Group and our Sustainability Centre.
Today, we manage over USD 3 billion in China-focused strategies.
Outlook in 3-d: domestic, digitalisation, diversification
China’s vast opportunity set – best enjoyed undiluted
Chinese equities are go (podcast)
|We discuss the outlook for Asian and Chinese equities in 2021.||Should investors consider standalone to Chinese equity and fixed income now?||Chinese equity markets appear to be on a much better footing than in the past.|
Source: BNPP AM, as of 30 June 2021. *The five star rating has been attributed to the Classic EUR, Capitalization (LU0823425839) and the Classic EUR, Distribution (LU0823425912) share classes 3 year performance as at 30 June 2021 by Morningstar. Investments are subject to market fluctuations and the risks inherent in investments in securities. The value of investments and the income they generate may go down as well as up and it is possible that investors will not recover their initial outlay, the strategies described being at risk of capital loss. There is no guarantee that the performance objective will be achieved. Past performance or achievement is not indicative of current or future performance. Copyright © 2020 Morningstar, Inc. All Rights Reserved. The overall star rating for each fund is based on a weighted average of the number of stars assigned to it in the three-, five-, and 10-year rating periods. The information contained herein: (1) is proprietary to Morningstar and/or its content providers; (2) may not be copied or distributed; and (3) is not warranted to be accurate, complete or timely. Neither Morningstar nor its content providers are responsible for any damages or losses arising from any use of this information. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.